Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why I post in both English and Chinese

Well, I post in English because I wrote my posts while at work. I don't have a Chinese input software on my work computer. I had to post in English. Besides, I do want to people to read my blog. I mean, what's the point of posting in a public place if I don't want people to read? As for why I post in Chinese. Well, it's my native tongue. I feel comfortable. Also, there are lots of things I feel more comfortable to express in Chinese. After I got home, I tried to translate my English post into Chinese the best I can. No worry though. The English and Chinese versions are similar. The differences being that I used more idioms and slang in Chinese that difficult to translate in English. Depend on time, mostly like I will do that for most of the blog entries.

我用英文寫是因為我是在上班時寫文章。公司的電腦沒有中文軟體。只有用英文。而且我想讓更多人讀我的文章。畢竟在公共的地方發文章﹐讓大家閱讀我的文章也是我的目的之一。至於還要寫中文﹐這是因為中文是我的母語﹐我用中文寫比較順手。而且有些東西用中文來表達比較能詞能達意。我是在下班回家後﹐儘量把我的英文文章翻譯成中文。中﹑英文版本十分相近。大概就是中文俗語比較難用英文表達﹐無法翻譯而已。看我的時間如何﹐大概以後大部份文章都會這麼處理。

No comments:

Post a Comment