Monday, September 14, 2009

Economy and Traffic

The state of the economy is on everyone's mind nowadays. I have a very unscientific, and unproven, way to show that the economy is on the rebound and job market looks better now: traffic. When I went to work two years ago, traffic was horrific. Once or twice a month, there would be a especially bad traffic. Normally it takes about 30 minutes from my apartment to my work. On the day with especially bad traffic, it would take me extra 15 to 20 minute. Note the economy was doing great during that time. Then, the economy went south. The traffic actually got a lot lighter. Also, there was no more the especially bad traffic day. It was very easy getting to work. The traffic has back to bad this past few weeks. The Especially Bad Traffic Day has come back. It took me like 50 minutes getting to work. I guess that means a lot more people finding employment now. Hopefully recovering economy and better job market translate into lots business for my company. My job security depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment